The Redel research group at IFG/KIT is focusing on the following research areas:
SURMOFs and CCNCs (Conductive Coordination Network Compounds) for Technological Devices and green Energy applications:
- Hybrid Materials e.g. (NPs@SURMOFs) and composites for different applications, e.g. Photocatalysis, Water-Splitting or Light Harnessing
- Optics, Photonics and Optoelectronic (Electrochromic) based SURMOFs/CCNCs materials
- SURMOF/CNCC based Microelectronic devices of 2E (RRAMs), 3E (OFETs) and 4E Systems
- Phononic SURMOFs & CCNCs materials - their thermoelectric characterization & applications
- Green energy applications: photo-electrochemistry, water-splitting and combination of optical and electrochemical excitation at SURMOF and CCNCs electrodes/surfaces
Methods: scanning probe techniques (SEMs, TEM, AFM), High-Resolution Electron-Microscopy (HR-TEM), SE (Spectroscopic Ellipsometry), electrochemical methods: e.g. cyclic voltammetry (CV), linear sweep voltammetry (LSV), I/V characteristics, impedance, conductivity, Hall-measurements, electrical and resistive switching, charge transfer spectroscopy at interfaces.