The Redel research group at IFG/KIT is focusing on the following research areas:
SURMOFs and CCNCs (Conductive Coordination Network Compounds) for Technological Devices and green Energy applications:
- Hybrid Materials e.g. (NPs@SURMOFs) and composites for different applications, e.g. Photocatalysis, Water-Splitting or Light Harnessing
- SURMOFs/CCNCs thin film materials and devices for Luminesence, Optics, Photonics and Optoelectronic based devices
- Electrochemistry on SURMOF/CNCC materials and development of 2E (RRAMs), 3E (OFETs) and 4E Microelectronic systems and devices (E=Electrode)
- Electric- & Thermoelectric characterization of SURMOFs & CCNCs materials and thin films as well their implementation into novel hybrid TE devices
- Green energy applications: photo-electrochemistry, water-splitting and combination of optical and electrochemical excitation at SURMOF and CCNCs electrodes/surfaces
Methods: scanning probe techniques (SEMs, TEM, AFM), High-Resolution Electron-Microscopy (HR-TEM), SE (Spectroscopic Ellipsometry), electrochemical methods: e.g. cyclic voltammetry (CV), linear sweep voltammetry (LSV), I/V characteristics, impedance, conductivity, Hall-measurements, electrical and resistive switching, charge transfer spectroscopy at interfaces.